How do I even begin to sum up my strengths and weaknesses?
I think my biggest source of strength lies in my ability to trust God. Through that simple act God is able to empower me to live out of the strengths He has placed inside of me.
Here are some things I consider my strengths:
(My strengths are really all things I could not have apart from Christ's grace in my life.)
1) I have a great desire to empower people with truth and honesty.
2) I am organized.
3) I love children.
4) I love beauty and seek to create beautiful things.
5) I tend to throw all of who I am into a project or a relationship (this can be a very good thing or a very bad thing).
6) I am a dreamer and a romantic.
7) I love to create things with my hands.
8) I have a deep desire to press forward into becoming the best possible version of myself through Christ.
Here are some things I consider my weaknesses:
(These things stem out my lack of faith, when I allow my emotions to control me.)
1) I am highly driven by fear. Sadly this had held me back from accomplishing many things.
2) I am a natural people pleaser and have been hurt and used countless times. I have had to learn that I have not been put on earth to please people but rather to honor my Creator.
3) I am prideful and dogmatic.
4) I forget to be compassionate and tend to have a "suck it up!" attitude.
5) I am lazy. I lack a natural sense of self motivation.
6) I am self-absorbed.
7) I am quick to anger and frustration.
8) I allow my emotions and failures to consume me.
Boy, that list of weaknesses seams so daunting especially since I know that's not even a fraction of them. The good thing is, I know on this earth I am always going to have weakness because I am not God. And you know what? I am okay with that because Christ said I would have to fight against all of these human weaknesses. And in His goodness He promises me that I don't need to fight alone. If I allow Him to be my rock and my salvation I have nothing to fear because perfect love casts out fear.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear where love exists. Rather, perfect love banishes fear, for fear involves punishment, and the person who lives in fear has not been perfected in love.
When I step into the the center of His will I find strength like I have never known. When I am in His presence I feel Him breathe life into my dying bones. I feel his love overwhelm me and I know that I will never have to fight my battles alone as long as I place myself in the hands of God and allow Him to be my strength.