Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Write about your dreams and goals as a beautiful women

Project 31 Day 31
It has taken me a really long time to post this last Project 31 post because I have been deciding what to say and share. When I think of my dreams and goals as a beautiful women I have a hard time deciding what they honestly are. Most of my dreams and goals I keep tucked away in the secret places of my heart and take them out to look at them when I'm feeling blue. Sometimes I catalog them in my mind and forget that they are even there. These dreams that haven't seen the light of day are my forgotten treasures.

My grandmother always told me to have a 5 year plan. I always wondered to myself "how can I even plan for 5 years from now?" Now I know the "planning" bit isn't what's important, what's important is to have goals that you want to accomplish. Goals that you keep constantly fresh in your mind to motivate your choices and decisions in a way that will propel you into your dreams. I so often find myself so swept up in the moment and so easily forget what I really need to be working for. I feel like this is a constant test, one I know I will experience all through life. I will fall flat on my face, I will make mistakes, but I will learn again and again to refocus on the goals and dreams God has placed in my heart. Through this refocusing
I will learn to work hard daily to accomplish the will of the Father

I wrote this 5 year list of goals (which I need to add to) last December. It's exciting to look at it and realize I am already accomplishing some of my goals. These are just a snippet of the short term goals God has placed in my heart for this new season in my life.
5 Year Goals
There, Project 31 is over for me!
I can't believe I worked through this entire list!

THE LIST:

Day 1. What does beauty mean to you?
Day 2. What makes you uniquely you?
Day 3. Who is someone you know who inspires beauty?
Day 4. Style 31. Post a pic of you in your favorite outfit.
Day 5. Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive.
Day 6. Jaded beauty. Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?
Day 7. Write a blog to encourage another beautiful woman.
Day 8. Have a beauty secret (e.g. hair tip, make up tip)? Share, please!
Day 9. What virtues do you value in yourself?
Day 10. What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom, or friend? (Or just woman in general?)
Day 11. Post a recipe. Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!).
Day 12. Write about what wears you out as a woman.
Day 13. Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better.
Day 14. Style 31. Post an outfit pic!
Day 15. Write to encourage a friend. Inspire her beauty.
Day 16. Write a letter to your daughter, or a young girl in your life. Tell her what beauty means.
Day 17. Write about 3 things that make you happy.
Day 18. Describe your personality.
Day 19. Write about your favorite comfort food (we are women- we ALL have comfort food!)
Day 20. Write about your job and why you love it or hate it.
Day 21. Write a letter to your husband to encourage him (or if you are single- your future husband.)
Day 22. What are some needs that need to be met in your community? Blog about how to extend your hand to those who need you.
Day 23. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
Day 24. What is Jesus teaching you presently?
Day 25. Style 31. Post a pic of your favorite comfy clothes.
Day 26. What do you hope your grandchildren will say about you someday when you are gone?
Day 27. Write a blog to encourage someone and build their confidence!
Day 28. Write about your insecurities as a woman.
Day 29. Write about "a day in the life of me." (Pics are great!)
Day 30. Who is your role model as a woman?
Day 31. Write about your dreams and goals as a beautiful woman!


I want to end this post by saying how grateful I am for Project 31! Thank you Mandy for creating this inspiring project! This blogging journey has been so wonderful! I have learned a lot about myself and been so encouraged by the online community of faith based women! Thanks to each and everyone of you who has left a kind comment on my blog! Your words of encouragement have meant the world to me!


P.S. My lovely friend Alyssa has offered to host a giveaway on my blog when I get to 50 followers!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Mia, I am already a follower but through Google Reader. Does that count?

    I've enjoyed your posts very much. LOVE your honesty and insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it, I thought I could conveniently delete my post to fix a hideous grammatical error...but blogger has to scream my crime from the mountaintops! :P

    Anyway, I haven't read your blog in a long LONG time, Mia...and it's like sticking my feet into shallow, chilly water on a pleasantly hot day: too delicious and refreshing for words. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, love your blog. so glad i found it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only goal/dream on the list you photographed that suprised me was "Tour a Vinyard". :D That sounds lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful blog. i love discovering passionate christians like yourself who are vivid and not dull, settling for satisfactory. keep on track of your dreams and goals!

    ReplyDelete