Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Prom Dress Flower Belt Project

Desktop49
My friend Melody and I spent 7 hours vintage prom dress shopping a couple weekends ago. We found this little black number at our last stop and snatched it up. It originally had ruffled lace along the neckline so to make it more contemporary I cut off the ruffles, then designed and made this flower belt to add some spice to the dress. This was my little project last weekend and boy was it a fun one. Last night Melody wore this ensemble to prom, paired with vintage, velvet Mary Jane heels, pearls and red lipstick. I can't wait to see pictures! I am sure she looked divine!
Desktop51
Desktop50

4 comments:

  1. WOW that dress and belt look absolutely fabulous!!! Love it! Beautiful work! I can't wait to see pics of your friend in it :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ingenious. That's a cute one-of-a-kind dress now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love how you accessorized it.

    ReplyDelete