Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

He popped the question!

Last weekend my handsome man popped the question! I knew it was coming but I still cried my eyes out like a baby.

On August 5th David blindfolded me and took me on a long car ride to a mysterious destination. being the person that I am I fell asleep during the drive. When we arrived he took off my blindfold and the first thing I saw was a redwood tree I instantly knew we were at Mount Hermon, the camp where we first met.  We took a little trek down to the creek and as we turned the last corner I saw a beautiful picnic set up with wine glasses and flowers. He told me he knew I would be nervous so he had just packed a light lunch for us which turned out to be cheese, crackers, sparkling cider, fruit and some junior mints for dessert. 

After eating our lunch he opened up a large laminated map of California for me. on it were numbered stickers each sticker had an envelope to go with it full of pictures of all the places we had been together. The last envelope had a little note in it which told me we were going to take some pictures together. He had the tripod all set up and told me he was going to set the timer, then he walked over to me and instead of posing for a picture got down on one knee. He told me he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me almost since the moment we had met and asked me if I would spend the rest of my life with him. I said yes! The camera was taking a video since he knew I had really wanted it to be video taped.

It's so surreal to be engaged. I don't feel any different I just feel like myself. However I didn't anticipate the weight and stress of how serious an engagement is. It's the first step of pledging the rest of your life to someone else. Kind of a scary thing not gonna lie. 

I feel truly blessed and honored to be this man's fiance. He is so caring, selfless, godly and responsible. I could have never dreamed of a better guy. He's got it all. 
These pictures are screen shots from the engagement video.

For all of those wondering my ring is a 1960's vintage rings with a platinum setting and gold band. He got it from an amazing etsy seller called Luxe Deluxe. She has an amazing selection of vintage rings and is always listing new ones!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Oh my goodness, how sweet!! It's wonderful that you had the whole event video taped! And your ring! Wow! Congrats again! Being engaged is awesome, and marriage is even better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! Congrats girl! What a sweet proposal and gorgeous ring! It's so unique! It fits your to a t! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, David sure planned it all in advance! Great story. When I read "I passed out on the way there" I wondered 'What does she mean? Was she ok?'
    Great blog post, one to remember forever! :)

    love you.

    ReplyDelete